Tuesday, November 23, 2010

An actual ART UPDATE.

Since Harry Potter is drawing to a close, I need to find something else to occupy the literature-obsessed part of my brain. SO, I read all three Hunger Games books at the end of this summer. One of my favorite parts of the series is how vividly you can visualize the characters, particularly the grotesque residents of the Capitol of Panem, the book's version of post-apocalyptic North America.

One of my favorites is Caesar Flickerman, the host and interviewer of The Hunger Games. This is a bit of a work-in-progress, but I'm pleased with what's come out so far. He started out a bit differently--I imagined him obnoxiously tan at first, but then I reread and he's supposed to be coated in white makeup, so I adjusted. He began as this:



And ended up as this:





In other news, I'm moving to New Jersey this weekend! I'm a little scared to start over, but I'm really excited to be closer to John and to start making our lives together! :)